the date is set: Sunday, May 15, 2011

race: Toronto Goodlife Fitness Half-Marathon

goal: 1 hour, 58 minutes

Thursday, January 27, 2011

...And, we're off!

Welcome to 21.5km: train with me!
My weekly blog about training for a Half Marathon

Allow me to shed some light on how this blog was born:

In 2008, one of my best girlfriends, Jocelyn, called me up while on summer vacation and said, “Let’s run a half marathon in September.” Both avid runners and gym-obsessed, we committed to the Scotiabank Half Marathon and completed the race at 2 hours and 5 minutes that September. 

Feeling amazing at the finish line, we promised to run the same race again the following year. Sticking to the plan, we finished in 2009 at 2 hours and 5 seconds. Still pumped and feeling the adrenaline effect, I made it my goal to run a full marathon by age 25, which meant three more years of half marathons as training.

However, when training season began for 2010, I fell off the bandwagon! Finishing up at UWO, graduation, a busy social life, trips and work just seemed to take priority over running. 


Now, as a PR student at Niagara College, I have spent the year learning how to stay focused and multi-task effectively on both personal and professional goals. I’m excited to say that I’m back on track and have committed to running the Toronto Goodlife Marathon in 1 hour and 58 minutes on Sunday, May 15, 2011.

My blogs will be about the good, bad and ugly training runs scheduled for the next few months. In addition, I will be doing my homework on issues such as the best foods for energy, the question of whether or not sports gels really do work and the art of finding the perfect pair of running shoes, among others. There may also be a discussion, or two, about Lululemon’s spring running line…after all, it’s all about the presentation when crossing that finish line!

I hope this blog serves not only as motivation for me to stay focused and on track, but also serves as inspiration for you to stay on target with your own fitness goals, whatever they may be.

Happy Running! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Britt, this looks great. Can't wait to 'follow' your progress.

    ReplyDelete